Please reflect on and be ready to discuss the following questions:
- What is self-control?
- How do you know when you have self-control?
- Why do you think self-control might be an important skill to develop?
- How might self-control bring you greater success in academics, sports, or your career?
Turn and Talk:
Think of a time when you demonstrated self-control and turn to a partner to describe what happened.
- What did you do to exhibit self-control?
- Why did you choose to have self-control in this moment?
- What was the result of you demonstrating self-control at this time?
- How could the situation have been different if you did not exercise self-control?