Take a minute to consider the following scenario:
Pause and Reflect on the scenario above.
- Describe a time when you felt confident about a possible solution to a problem.
- Did you offer a solution to the class or did you second-guess your solution for fear of being wrong?
- Why do you think the first girl in the video didn’t want to raise her hand and tell the class her answer?
Let’s learn more about different mindsets in the video below.
Please reflect on and be prepared to discuss the following questions:
- What talents or abilities have you developed through dedicated practice and hard work?
- What does it mean to “believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability?”
- What is one thing that you struggled to learn and failed at? How did you feel when you couldn’t do it? Did you give up or keeping trying?
- What made you keep trying or why did you give up?
- How can having a growth mindset help you achieve your goals or lead to greater success?